Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 25

I've kind of gotten away from morning, but I still have 2 hours to spare.

Here is my prayer for today:

   Teach me to Love as You Love.
          Love without limits, love without expectations,
                         love without control.

I want to give and receive Love as You did Lord, when
      you took on human flesh.  I do not wish to be God, but
                   I want what is holy and good in me to flourish.

I want the real freedom that is given to those who open their
             hearts to Love.  I want to be intoxicated not on wine, but
                        on being filled to the brim with Your contagious joy for living.

Jesus, my brother, and my friend.  I have no idea what the past was like, but I
       imagine you smiling and laughing with the birds even on the cross.
                Holy Spirit, light a fire in my heart that burns away my fears.

Help me to embrace my full self that I am beloved by the Triune God.
             I am already whole.  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment